Wednesday 13 December 2017

'Making a Transistor Radio' by George Dobbs, G3RJV published by Ladybird...

Hi there, I wanted to share this book with you - some of you will be aware of it's existence no doubt. Orignially published by Ladybird books in 1972 I think, it takes the reader through the various stages of building a transistor radio, starting with a simple Crystal Set. I've lost count of how many times I built a Crystal Radio based on the design in this book. A big part of this book is the superb illustrations by B.H. Robinson. When I was in Secondary School, I would finish my lunch quickly and go to the library to read this book, over and over again lol. 30 odd years later, I bought a copy online . This little book inspired me more so than any other when I was a kid - they don't publish them like this any more lol. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment